State-of-the-art water treatment services provide you and your family with clean water you can trust. With a water softener, you’ll enjoy spot free dishes, energy bill savings and the elimination of soap build-up. However, once a water treatment system is installed, you may wonder how often it should be serviced. Do you know what kind of maintenance it requires, and how long will it last? Let’s take a closer look at the two most common water treatment systems.
Water softeners such as the Hague WaterMax® work to reduce unwanted hard minerals in water. For some, softeners are essential for resolving complex water supply problems. These can include blocked pipes, frequent appliance breakdowns, and increased water expenses. However, water softeners require regular maintenance and servicing to maintain a high performance level.
Typically, it is recommended that you hire a professional to inspect your water softener at least once a year. For a WaterMax®, you will only need regular service every 3-5 years. By following this service plan, the need for repairs is generally limited and you can ensure your system lasts. The type of maintenance you require, however, depends on a few factors:
- The type of salt you’re using. Ideally, evaporated salt capsules or cubes should be used for effective ion distribution. If you use sea salt or salt blocks, however, your system may need to be examined more often. These kinds of salt can cause unwanted build-up in your machine if not maintained properly.
- How often you’re adding salt to the system. At home, you can help maintain your softener by ensuring there is an adequate amount of salt in your softener. This should be done regularly depending on the type of water softener. Some softeners need salt monthly, while others only need changes every few months. With that being said, it’s always best to check the manufacturer’s manual before adding salt. Certain guidelines should be followed depending on the type of softener you have. If the amount of salt doesn’t appear to be decreasing over time, it may be time to call a water treatment specialist.
- Changes in your water supply. If you’re noticing problems such as dry skin and hair, hard mineral build-up or coarse laundry, it could mean your softener needs to be serviced. This is a sign that your system isn’t functioning as effectively as it should be.
Water Filtration Systems
Water filtration systems help to eliminate a wide range of contaminants. Unbeknownst to you or your family, pollutants such as pesticides, nitrogen, metals and other bacteria may be present in your supply. Hague Quality Water offers three different types of filtration systems to mitigate these issues, and their maintenance requirements vary:
- Reverse Osmosis: Reverse osmosis systems should be serviced by a professional every 6-12 months. A water specialist will clean the cartridges, examine the O-rings, check the tank’s pressure, and replace the filters.
- Iron Removal: The 2510AIO valve is a vital component for our iron removal system. It’s highly important for a professional to service this equipment annually. If any damage to the piston, seals and spacers is evident, it will need to be repaired.
- Chlorine Removal: Chlorine removal treatment systems like Hague’s 62ABE Salt-Free System should be looked at every 2-4 years. Carbon will usually need to be added to ensure optimal functioning.
As with water softening systems, the most important thing to take note of is any sudden change in your water supply. If your system is malfunctioning, you’ll most likely notice a difference in water quality. Whenever you notice questionable signs or system failures, it’s crucial to call your local water expert as soon as possible. You depend on water every day for your health and vitality. Additionally, you need water to cook, clean, and wash with. Whereas other appliances in your home may not need immediate attention, water treatment systems are absolutely vital. That’s why they need to be maintained at the appropriate time.
At Hague Quality Water of Maryland, we can provide you with honest, affordable, and efficient solutions. If it’s time to service your water treatment system, you can count on us to get the job done right. Our experts will visit your home to identify any areas of concern and resolve any problems that arise. Contact us today for more information.
Learn More about Water Treatment Systems with Hague Quality Water of Maryland
If you are concerned about hard water or the overall quality and contents of your water, or you’d like to learn more about water treatment systems, we are here to help with your water improvement projects. Whether you need the Hague WaterMax® System or additional filtration beyond that, our team cares deeply about the health and safety of your family. For additional assistance, call Hague Quality Water of Maryland at (410) 757-2992.